Skip to main content

Why a Christian Clothing brand?

-Nathaniel Williams

People often ask me, "Why a Christian Clothing brand?" While others have even made fun of the idea. But none of them will ever understand the true reason. My brand isn't just about fashion or popularity. It is inspired by the obstacles I have overcome, and dedicated to the fact that God has saved me over and over again. 

"My brand isn't just about fashion or popularity."

Throughout my life I have been self destructive. Destroying any chances of success in my life because I felt like I didn't deserve it. I saw so many people I cared about suffering and there was nothing I could do to save them. I hated myself for that and I hated the thought of living without them. I even attempted to take my own life multiple times. I'm convinced I'm still alive because God had a bigger plan for me even though I couldn't see it.





In all honesty, I never lived my life for myself. It has always been about those who needed me the most. God has shown me over and over again that if I died, the effect would be devastating for my family and friends.  It became clear to me that my life was worth changing.

Then, after being arrested, I was sitting in jail and I was praying to God for help. I was tired of suffering and punishing myself for things I could not change. When I finished praying and asking for His forgiveness, I looked up and saw a peace symbol carved into the wall. I immediately heard His voice say, "Leave Your Past Behind, Start New Everyday." 

"After being arrested I was sitting in jail and I was praying to God for help."

At first I didn't understand, but then I realized that everything I did and everyone I lost had become a heavy burden on me that I no longer needed to carry. I had to free myself of all the pain and guilt. For the first time I started to see that I truly needed God and without him, I am nothing.

"I was tired of suffering and punishing myself for things I could not change."

The next day I began to change my ways and my mindset. I knew it would take time, and it wasn't easy to change. I even went through a heartbreak, and I lost more loved ones, but God never let me fail. He showed me that I was stronger than ever and that I could handle anything that came my way.



In life we struggle trying to find ourselves. We may even allow others to influence how we live our own lives. In the end, God is the only opinion that matters.

We as people have lost sight of that and I am here to remind you that no matter what you've done, God will always forgive you. Maybe not the world, but definitely God always will.

"God will always forgive you."

We must rise and believe in His strength to overcome our own weaknesses and show Him we are greater than our flaws. We must, "Leave Our Past Behind, Start New Everyday." In the end, we are nothing without God, but we are everything with Him.



Comments

  1. Your testimony is very inspirational. Thank you for speaking so freely and truthfully. More people need to "Leave their past behind and start new everyday." May God continue to bless you and give you peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment